Workshop panelists and participants recommended the following articles related to dissemination of educational innovations.
- Stephen C. Ehrmann, Steven W. Gilbert, and Flora McMartin. 2006. Factors Affecting the Adoption of Faculty-Developed Academic Software: A Study of Five iCampus Projects. TLT Group.
Executive Summary: http://icampus.mit.edu/projects/Publications/TLT/exec_sum_icampus_assessment.pdf
Full Report: http://icampus.mit.edu/projects/Publications/TLT/iCampus_Assessment_Full.pdf
- Roberta M. Spalter-Roth, Norman Fortenberry, and Barbara Lovitts. 2006. Acceptance and Diffusion of Innovation: A Cross Curricular Perspective on Instructional and Curricular Change in Engineering. American Sociological Association and the Center for the Advancement of Scholarship on Engineering Education of the National Academy of Engineering.
Executive Summary: PDF extract
Full Report: http://www.nae.edu/File.aspx?id=11552
- Melissa Dancy and Charles Henderson. 2008. Barriers and Promises in STEM Reform. Workshop on Promising Practices—Innovations in Undergraduate STEM Education. National Academies Board on Science Education, October 13-14, 2008.
Full Report: http://www7.nationalacademies.org/bose/Dancy_Henderson_CommissionedPaper.pdf
- P. Uri Treisman. 1993. What Works – A PKAL Essay on Leadership in STEM. Appears in Project Kaleidoscope Volume IV: What works, what matters, what lasts. Full Essay: http://www.pkal.org/documents/UriTreismanPresentationLeadershipInSTEM.cfm
- James Fairweather. 2008. Linking Evidence and Promising Practices in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Undergraduate Education. Workshop on Promising Practices—Innovations in Undergraduate STEM Education, National Academies Board on Science Education, October 13-14, 2008.
Full Paper: http://www7.nationalacademies.org/bose/Fairweather_CommissionedPaper.pdf
- Brenda J. Turnbull. 2009. Dissemination in STEM Education R&D: Perspectives on Knowledge Use. Prepared by Policy Studies Associates for Community for Advancing Discovery Research in Education.
Full Report: http://cse.edc.org/dr-k12/Docs/CADRE%20dissemination%20white%20paper%20Nov2009.pdf